Monday, November 26, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #48:Zombies gonna get ya"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #48:Zombies gonna get ya"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I am lucky to be a part of a game group that has a lot of mad brewers. The type who sees a card and then like a lunatic is unable to sleep until he or she gets pieces to complete a usually lethal combo. Jus is one of those people and we have been talking about the debut of his Varina deck.

I have come face to face with it and finally seen how awesome Varina is as an Esper Zombie commander. One of things I liked was the wonderful synergy of Wayward Servant , Rooftop Storm , Liliana , Untouched by Death and self sacrificing creatures like Carrion Feeder and Nantuko Husk. I was not really sure what Jus used to finish every body off(it sounds dirty I know) but it involved casting a zombie from the graveyard via Liliana , Untouched by Death's 3rd ability and Rooftop storm making the casting cost for free. And then the Wayward Servant does his Malabanan Jr's thing of sucking the life of everyone.

I had to clap at this combo and had to make sure that my Bojuka Bog would be handy the next time around. #Neveragain.

No comments:

Post a Comment