Monday, November 26, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #47: Mesherep. Maglupa."


"Midweek Magic 2018 #47: Mesherep. Maglupa."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

One of my play groupmates in Centris runs a Dimir or should I say SNEAK deck that has it's head Phoebe at the helm. Yo has been using it annoy the living hell out of everyone when he begins stealing Text Boxes left and right. While I do enjoy it when Phoebe gobbles up an erring Nekusar or Jeleva. I do hate it when it eats my own commander and I end up with Vanilla 2/2 or 6/6 bear commanders that do absolutely nothing.

You can say why allow an Unstable Commander in the playgroup? Because that is how we roll. One of our members also has an X as a commander. I guess it is satisfying to beat such decks when you are able to and for me it is not about winning all the time. What is more important for me is to be able to say that I enjoyed the game win or loss. To be able to say na Mesherep.

On  one particular game Yo was able to eat the Text of Azusa and Oracle of Muldaya. To be able to play 4 lands in quick succession was something that he was not able to do in a Blue Black deck so you can say that that was indeed a Mesherep moment. I was not sure who won that game but seeing something happen like that makes me happy to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment