Monday, November 26, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #45 Spookiness Halloween Match"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #45 Spookiness Halloween Match"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I initially wanted to improve my Gisa and Geralf zombie deck but for some reason I found myself putting it off until the day of our agreed Halloween themed deck only EDH match.

I decided to go with a deck that I have shelved for awhile now because I felt that it lacked the ooomph in my competitive group. Now that the themed called for non-control type decks I finally got to use my Kulto ni Hunyo aka Parokya ni Hunyo deck that featured Shadowborn Apostles who summoned Demons just for fun. And at the helm of it was Shirei , Shinzo's care taker who made sure that the sacrificed Apostles could come back at the end of turns. 

So a Black Spirit guarding a haunted place , Cultists who summon demons and Demons. Yeah I pretty much hit a lot of the Halloween theme.

What I discovered this time around was that this deck can still be improved and that I should really not have gutted my mana bases. And that cards from Core 19 fit in nicely with this deck that I am all excited to infuse it with the new cards and add a lot of sacrifice outlets.

My only win of the night comes from the heels of Janry taking out Yo and my Apostles already beefed up into 4/4s and attacking.

There is so much to add to this Cult of mine. Next week might be it's revamped state.

No comments:

Post a Comment