Monday, October 29, 2018

"The Dark Library Moment"


"The Dark Library Moment"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Why do you always do this to me V?

Do what exactly?

YuuA was going to say why he usually disappears when he needs him but just like that the sense of panic he felt was lost when she heard his voice.

"What are we doing here today?" V asked wiping some cobwebs that got stuck in his suit. He normally didn't bother with such things but YuuA always insisted that he wear something nice now when they go out and can be seen by people. "This place seems to have been abandoned from awhile back. Are you looking for something here?"

"I just...I remembered something and I felt like I should go here."

"I feel like going to the bathroom all the time too but you don't see me doing that right? Anyway we should really get going. It is getting dark and I actually see a lot of the things that lurk here. Not a friendly bunch too."

"You mean ghosts?"

"I mean other dragons that want the orb in your chest."

"If I attract so many dragons I find interesting that you could resist me."

"The difference between those dragons and me is that...I have taste. I am not going to eat any snack when I can have a whole course meal some time in the future."

"So the more the better?"

"Maybe a whole girl group. Why settle for just one member right?"

"All men really are wolves , it even applies to male dragons. You really are greedy."

"You can think what you want." V felt the seals tighten over YuuA's orb. Making her angrier like this would mean that she can survive him and his kind. A maiden to have hold of this much power and learning to harness it can be on par with any dragon. Well , with a few exceptions. V hoped that in her life YuuA would not face the other houses.

"I really hate it when you are like this. One moment you act like you care for me and the next you make it sound like you only care for this thing in my chest."

"I care for the rest of the flesh that ensconce the orb too. I mean tender meat is getting scarcer."

YuuA had enough and she gave V a slap to the face.

"I don't really know what you are up to but I refuse to believe that the person who risked his life for me so many times  , that person who has shown me more love than anyone is ready to discard me or take my life."

V lowered his face down a few inches from YuuA's face until she could feel his warm breath over her. And with a menacing voice he said , "We shall see. Now stay if you want and search for whatever it that you remember.Scream if you need me."

And V went down the stairs of the library leaving YuuA in the darkness of the abandoned library. The slap didn't hurt him physically but the thought that he would have to go through all of this to make her safe. He just hoped that she would understand in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment