Tuesday, October 30, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #43:Goblin.Slayer."


"Midweek Magic 2018 #43:Goblin.Slayer."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It has been awhile since I pulled Krenko from the shelf where I kept him. I have often felt that Goblins were too good for 1 v 1 match ups because of their speed but are usually pretty much goners when it comes to multiplayers games. 

And since the bulk of my games consists of the multiplayer variety I have thought that Mono Red will instantly have a target on it's back. It is not like I can offer a political deal just by not attacking an opponent and then when I have eliminated a common  , stronger enemy then turn my Goblin Horde on that ally. 

However the recent amount of reprinted and new goblins in standard most notably the Legion Warboss and Goblin Trashmaster( both of which I have opened in packs) have forced me to reconsider. Goblin Chainwhirler will also see play here and I was excited again.

My first victim...opponent was Cheska who had her first goblin fight with Jus and his version. I had to introduce the OG goblin player of the group and that was me.

Cheska decided to play with Edric , a Simic deck that feature weenies that could attack , draw cards and have mutiple extra turns. I knew the play well but I was determined to have a goblin barrage stand in those plans. And Goblin Sharpshooter.
He mowed down a Llanower elf  and another 1/1 creature.

What ensued was for Ches to leave mana open to counter what she thought would be Krenko. I had other spells though and I voluntarily cast my Shared Animosity to draw a counter which worked like a charm. 3 counters later I was finally able to cast Krenko with Haste making a 18 Goblins and even a Pile Driver who swung in for 24 unblocked damage because Edric had nothing but blue creatures on the field.

Awowowowowowowowow. I guess the goblins have come to slay once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment