Tuesday, October 30, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #42:Enchanting Reality"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #42:Enchanting Reality"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It had been a dream of mine for more than a decade to finally play a Verduran Enchantress and Enchanted Evening. When I brought my Estrid the Masked deck I immediately thought of this update and I was hoping that I would be able to pull it off. 

And pull it off I did with a 1 v 1 game against Yo Castillo.
I had 16 permanents and he had 14. After I cast my Enchanted Evening adding Enchantment type to all of the permanents I had turned my 2/2 Verduran Enchantress into a 32/32 monstrosity which also had flying thanks to an Archetype of Imagination in play.

I was pummeling Yo for a few turns now but the 32/32 Flyer was the nail on the coffin. A bit of an overkill really. I lost track of his life points and realized that he was down to 4 with a lot more damage on the way. Sorry man but thanks for helping me realize a dream that I have been having since I bought my Enchanted Evenings for 75 bucks each at the SM North food court all those years ago.

Now I wonder if I can pull it off in a multiplayer EDH game.

No comments:

Post a Comment