Monday, October 29, 2018

"Magic Funeral Plan"


"Magic Funeral Plan"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

One Magic player decided to do a survey to get a pulse on how people feel about buying out cards of a deceased Magic players cards on the cheap. Basically an after life plan for a players Magic cards. You can read the entire post for yourself here if you have not read the original post which has now been deleted.

The responses to this particular post in Tambayan was met with anger but most had made passionate points about leaving cards to loved one or maybe teaching those same loved ones the real value of these cards before some Magic Vulture swoops in and buys them for TCG25 instead of the usual TCG40 or 50. 

While I do understand that this was just probably a survey one cannot help but be a little fishy since this was reportedly the same person who had the idea of loaning cards for a small rental fee. I cannot blame him for having good ideas as a businessman. It just feels a little slimy to actually say things like.

"Condolence po Maam , just in case po pala Buying po ako ng mga cards at ano pang Magic related items na iniwan ni Sir."

Too soon. Too soon. I don't think that those left behind will have that other persons hobby in mind now that he or she is gone.

For whatever purpose that this guy had for posting this survey it made me think about the future , my future. 

My wife and Aven can surely play magic and thanks to my non-stop speculations of card prices they have some inkling as to how much my cards actually cost now.

And It dawned on me that like my Dad I had no will or plan of my own.What I really want is to leave all my cards with Aven and if she somehow chose to part ways with it I will leave her a guide on how to get a good price for them. I would also refer my wife and her to 2 of my most trusted friends. ST Estrella and Mark Anthony Abude who will help them get a fair price for what I have left.

They may not want to have anything to do with my cards but at least I will be leaving them a little something when I go. And I have my friends who will help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment