Friday, September 21, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #36 Yuriko:Praying for Lands"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #36 Yuriko:Praying for Lands"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have already faced two versions of Magic EDH's AV Idol of the year: Yuriko. One from my Team Virulence Mate Mark Abude and another version from my Eton Midweek Magic playgroup Janry Dimaano. 

With both version I had only one wish once I was able to block a creature and I knew Yuriko would be ninjutsued into play. I pray that what my opponent reveals on top of his library would be land.

I had won over mark this way. When it was with Janry I had won a game as well because I had seemed to elevate lands to the top of libraries at will. Pero sa totoo di ko sure kung magiging lupa nga. 

Of course it was a different matter when things like Scroll Rack or Sensei's Divining top begin showing up. Yuriko decks take advantage of cards like Brainstorm and Sage Owl into full effect. Sage of Epityr would work well here as well. Turn 1 set up and then ninjutsu Yuriko on turn two with your biggest spell on top of the library.

Yesterdays game with Janry also featured Thopters produced by Whirler Rogue turning into Ninjas courtesy of Arcane Adaptation. The Whirler Rogue went well with the Ninjutsu mechanic as it would be returned to your hand and you could recast it to produce another 2 1/1 Flying Thopters! 

During 1 turn 4 1/1 Flying Ninja Thopters rammed into me and the painful part was the Ninja trigger from Yuriko. Needless to say there was nothing on top of Janry's library that would not be able to kill me.

It was an awesome win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment