Friday, September 21, 2018

"Firemind's Research:More Research Needed."



"Firemind's Research:More Research Needed."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I must admit that I was intrigued at what the Firemind's research could do. For a mere Price of Izzet colored mana you an enchantment that has whenever you cast an Instant or Sorcery card you get to put a charge counter in Firemind's Research.

Pay 1 blue and colorless and remove 2 charge counters you get to draw a card. Hopefull a Sorcery or Instant that can replenish the counters you just used.

Also Pay 1 Red and colorless and remove 5 charge counters. Firemind's Research then deals 5 damage to any target. Creature , Planeswalker or Player! 

So the point of the deck is to fill Firemind's Research with enough counters to kill everyone.And how in the hell do I do that? Time to put my Niv Mizzet thinking cap on. Let us see what we can come up:

1) I thought of Omniscience and casting spells and drawing spells and filling up this enchantment with counters that I could just go ahead and remove 5 counters at a time , pay 1 colorless and 1 red mana and kill my opponents this way.

2) I thought of cards that could proliferate and there was Inexorable Tide that basically puts 2 counters on Firemind's Research each time to you cast a sorcery or Instant since there is one counter for that time you cast the spell and then the proliferate counter that follows from Inexorable tide.

3) And then you have cards like Deepglow Skate , Gilder Bairn and Doubling Season that gives your permanent a lot of counters. The first two basically doubles it. While the last one nets you 2 counters on your permanent. Of course this means that you would have to go Temur in your EDH colors to be able to pull this off but hey it is time for some experimental deck tech! And if I can pull it off even once then I might be happy.

These 3 methods or plans might do the trick but a lot of research is still needed here. And I will be doing my own research in the matter. What do you think?  Any other ideas on how to abuse Firemind's Research?

No comments:

Post a Comment