Friday, July 20, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #26:The Magnificent Magmatic Force Death Sequence"

"The Beast ka talaga!"

"Midweek Magic 2018 #26:The Magnificent Magmatic Force Death Sequence"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

In an instant my battlebond Partner Pao was eliminated by Jethro who was playing Xenagos and a Putrefax just tentacled slapped Pao out of existence along with the Prossh deck that I hoped would win the deck.

I looked on at the other side of the board with Jethro who no longer had creatures and Yo who had a vampire at hand to stop whatever it was that I would be attacking with.

I had Xengaos and one of the cards that has become one of my favorites Magmatic force. I drew my card it was the  7/7 Trampling Cosmic Larva! A plan formed in my head. I had to finish it this turn because I might not survive that with two opponents even without a board presence. Yo already had an eerie procession out and he has enough mana to eat up all of my creatures. 

I cast the Cosmic Larva , pumped it with Xenagos and with it on the battlefield Xenagos became a creature that could attack. Xenagos and Magmatic Force hit Jethro head on without a blocker and lowered his life total to 14. The 14/14 Cosmic Larva went to Yo who blocked but still got reduced to 26 life. 

"Guess who is going for seconds?"

My second main phase I was able to cast a Relentless Assault that I had in my hand since the beginning of the game! I doubled the power of Cosmic Larva which made it a 28/28 that finished Yo. I was not able to finish off Jethro this turn as I planned since I was only able to deal 13 points of damage in total. Of course he already knew how it would end. I ended my turn and on his upkeep he got hit with 3 damage from Magmatic force effectively ending the game.

Magmatic force wins the game once more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment