Thursday, July 26, 2018

"3 things I have seen this week:4 storms part 2"


"3 things I have seen this week:4 storms part 2"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

As I write those on a very rainy Sunday(07/22/18) the whole line of Low Pressure Areas that are clamoring to pass by the Phillippines are still justling each other for position to pass next.

So since last Monday we had Storms Gardo , Inday , Henry and Josie. Yeah a whole string of storms that batter us and continue to make our waters rise!

There had to be a part 2. I just saw way too many stuff.

1) An Increase in the demand for Doxycycline

Because people are getting scared. There has been an increase of patients asking me if I can prescribe Doxycycline to them. I normally advise them if they are really at risk. Some people are just mainly paranoid. They have not been even out in the rain! 

2) Delivery people trying to Deliver!

Mahirap kumita ng pera and the majority people need to go to work and do their jobs or not get paid. I salute these delivery people who take the risk of floods , rent out small boats or wade through the flood themselves to get things done.

I will not order food kung alam kung baha na sa inyo.This is why I always fill up the pantry in the house.

3) And this rat who is afraid it might get Leptospirosis

You just know that it is really bad when even rats won't dare step in your flood waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment