Friday, June 29, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #22 - Trostani the last play"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #22 - Trostani the last play"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was one of those times that you feel you would be able to win. I can White Sun's Zenith and paid 6 mana for the X cost part of the spell which would normally just give me 6 2/2 Cats but with Trostani already out on the battlefield along with Doubling Season(the one I recently got from opening Battlebond packs).I netted a total of 12 cards and an upswing of 24 in my life. 

My opponent Jethro was already doing calculation in his head of how he could survive in this round and think of a way to win. We did the calculations as well and yes he has enough blockers to escape from lethal damage.

So when I drew into Rootborn defenses I just had to smile. This card looked good with the Day of Judgement which was already in my hand.

I cast the Sorcery speed Day of Judgment first and as a response both Jethro and I will draw a card but he would not be able to do anything in response. I cast the Rootborn defense to make my team indestructible until end of turn and kill off all of his blockers. 

It was scooping time after Trostani's last play.

No comments:

Post a Comment