Friday, June 29, 2018

"Demanding Dragon:Just like my wife"


"Demanding Dragon:Just like my wife"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I like it when I am given a choice in the actions that I could take. Of course when these choices involve dealing with my wife sometimes the choices are not all that good and even if I do feel like I came out on top there is always that small nagging thought that I have just been had. (Sorry for the intro that only married men might relate to)

Demanding Dragon is pretty much the same as the situations with my wife. On the outside you get a 5/5 flyer except that it does one more thing.It offers a target opponent a choice once it enters the battlefield. It deals 5 damage to them or they sacrifice a creature.

"A Knight's devotion to their stead goes only so far." The flavor text says.

I guess the outcome of this depends on your opponents board state. If they have extra creatures like tokens to spare then they sacrifice a 1/1 and not take damage.

However if they really need a creature to stay on the battlefield or their life totals are still up they might take the 5 damage.

Either way the Demanding Dragon will take something away from an opponent.

In a mono red deck or Boros deck where you could board wipe the battlefield clear with cards like Blasphemous Act or Day of Judgement you can at least ensure 5 damage from a target opponent who no longer have any creatures to sacrifice. And you also have a 5/5 Dragon that could potentially unblocked in the coming turns.

Yup. Just like my wife who demands something and in the end still gets something despite my complaints. Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment