Monday, May 28, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #18:The first to Brawl"


"Midweek Magic 2018  #18:The first to Brawl"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Jus and I have been talking about building Brawl decks even before the Holy Week break. I had some peace and quiet in the clinic and I used that alone time with no games finally finish a couple of decks that were in the back burner. Among them is the Tishana Merfolk deck and the Azami deck I had never got around to improve.

I had managed to build 3 Brawl decks on the fly but mostly with the cards that I had on hand. 

It was a mono black Gonti deck which was mostly pirate cards with no decent removal.

There was also my Boros Depala deck that lacked the good vehicles from the Depala EDH deck that I had and I was really hesitant in breaking apart.So it mostly dinosaurs riding stuff with a mix of Dwarfs.

And the last one was the mono red Etali deck that had a lot of burn and red dinos that were ready to attack. Before our first games I decided to replaced the 6 mana cost dino with Captain Lannery Storm and this turned out to be the big boost that the deck needed.

I was facing against the first version of Jus's Sram Brawl deck. I was able to use Magma Spray and another 1 to cast removal spell to have Lannery storm attacking and not dying.
With it's haste and treasure producing ability I was able to cast the 6 cast Etali on turn 4 and even more dinos after that. 

I plan on improving the deck with a Neheb the Eternal pretty soon. Time to Brawl some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment