Monday, May 28, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #17:Realizing Azami"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #17:Realizing Azami"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I had toyed with the idea of a Wizards deck led by Azami but it was put on hold when I focused on my Locust God pet deck and in my quest to make it better. I had built the deck and with it the last of my Basic Islands. It had been languishing in the trunk of my car until I finally decided to pull it out of there and try to make it all better.Making Shells and making those shells better is the name of the game for me after all.

At first it was a tribal wizards deck even having a Nameless One in the mix. And then I realized I had a full set of Wizards to play with in Arcanis  , Baral and Memnarch. I somehow got a Teferi as well and it was all looking good.The deck features a lot of win conditions that got better as we played with it. 

Normally there was an insane amount of mana available to me via the Deadeye Navigator and Peregrine Drake Combo. I could mystical tutor or draw a Blue Sun'S Zenith and kill someone with it. Or Capsize every one's permanents or grab all of it with Memnarch. 

Then came the totally abusive Paradox Engine that allowed me to draw cards and sling spells and draw more cards until I got my win condition. It was great to win but there are times that it becomes quite boring. Still I was living the dream of drawing a whole bunch of cards while winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment