Friday, May 25, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #15:A little thing called Golgari Wars!"


"Midweek Magic 2018  #15:A little thing called Golgari Wars!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was my 2nd day of using Jarad and after a great run battling Jus and Janry the previous day I was feeling a bit more confident using the deck again. 

Of course I was not expecting to battle 1 on 1 with another Golgari powerhouse in Varolz which Janry brought this night. It was a such a fast win that I was not able to react properly. It was a 15/15 Varolz attacking on turn 3 after Janry cast a Death's Shadow and it promptly died , only to be Scavenged on the deadly troll. So many counters. I had to scoop my cards and concede.

Our 2nd game was starting to look the same with Varolz going on the offensive early again and threatening to kill me next turn but it went much better in my favor as I was able to cast Living Death reanimating a lot of my deadly creatures and eliminating Varolz in the process and Janry would try to play control for the rest of the game.

I cannot remember which game it was but I also died to a 6/6 flying Plague stinger with Varolz scavenging a 5/5 creature on it. I had to slap my forehead because I did not play my Bojuka bog the previous turn when I could have eliminated anything that Varolz could scavenge.

Over all the night was back and for between the Golgari Lichlord , Jarad and Golgari Champion Varolz.  

No comments:

Post a Comment