Friday, April 13, 2018

"The Long Road After Despair"


"The Long Road After Despair"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
I wish that things could have been different
that we would continue ignoring each other for now
that we would be cold and clash
at least there was hope in that

II
Death like a thief in the night
took you both from me 
long before reparations have been made
long before those beautiful days

III
I wish things to be different
but wishes are not meant to be heard
Only the long road from despair follows
The one that I must now retake

IV
I keep on expecting your voices to be scornful
and to judge me and to correct me
but none of those come
none of those and I am on my own

V
This is not what I wanted
I wanted you to grow old and be grumpy and to be you
calling from some part of the world
or arguing with me about this thing or that

VI
And that ender of things called death took you
No more sorrows , no more arguments
And the silence I hear is the one I must bear
I wish things were different but they cannot be.

4/10/2018 , UHG Bldg N , QC , 5:27am


No comments:

Post a Comment