Friday, March 23, 2018

"Mentos Choco Caramel:Confusingly Good"


"Mentos Choco Caramel:Confusingly Good"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

When you read the brand name Mentos you instantly relate it to things like Fruity or Cola flavored chewies or in my case associate it with the strongly Minty , strongly awakening Mentos Air which I took during my board exams or when I am sleepy and about to drive but want to sleep when I get to where I am going.So much better than coffee in certain situations.

So to my surprise I was able to find one of these new Mentos Choco Caramels. My wife would probably give me a stern warning about sugary things just about now when she gets to read this but I had to buy one and try for myself.

It felt weird at first since my senses were expecting something minty but after I got past that what I bit into was a soft chewy caramel like thing that had chocolate core that burst into flavor as soon as you bite into it.

It was oddly good.Then my mind kept on reminding me that this was mentos and my mouth should be bursting with something minty right about now. Am I so conditioned by Mentos or what?

Anyway give it a try for yourself. And stop listening to your Brand Conditioned brain. This is actually good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment