Monday, March 19, 2018

"Ensnaring Bridge Memories"


"Ensnaring Bridge Memories"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

"Reprinted ang Ensnaring Bridge bro!" My friend ST said in chat. 

"I had two of those since 8th Edition."

"Nice"

Ah the memories of my Ensnaring bridge. My wife who was then my girl friend was working as a cashier/manager in a Parlor in Megamall. I would often hang out with her.(despite where I should be which is in lectures for medical school) And on one of those days we had lunch and she told me that she would deposit some money in China Bank. She asked me to wait for her which was odd because even back then if she could bring me along she would bring me. So I found it odd but I was feeling a little lazy so I just waited.

So when she came back she beamed and handed me an 8th edition pack! I knew that her hands were always lucky when choosing packs and so I excitedly kissed her and ripped the booster pack and as I got to the rare I knew that it was an artifact. I was looking for a  creature back then being an aggro player so as I revealed the Ensnaring bridge my forehead furrowed a bit and started to read what this thing could do.

"Di ka yata masaya sa nakuha mong rare eh." My girlfriend now Wife said sweetly. "Pangit ba?"

At that point I have come to realize what a gem I had both in my wife and her sweetness and the card in my hand. I imagined burning my opponent with Instants and Sorceries and then they would not be able to attack me any more since I no longer had a hand! bwahahahaha

"Mahal kaya nito! 250 na kaya ito ngayon! Kaya pala walang nagpapakawala!"(of course nowadays it is worth 10x more than that.)

My Wife smiled.I knew I had a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment