Friday, March 23, 2018

"Clover Chips Shrimp Barbecue: Parang Familiar"


"Clover Chips Shrimp Barbecue: Parang Familiar"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Once in awhile you come across something new from a very old franchise of snacks and hope that you are actually getting something new at least in terms of flavor.

The color of the familiar Clover Chips is in that unappetizing shade of Blue but I did give it a shot anyway in the hopes that I would be surprised by what Shrimp Barbecue tastes like.

I should not have gotten my hopes.

The moment I tasted I knew that I have tasted it before and I have gone through a lot of snacks in this lifetime. This was similar to another snack and this one was in red packaging and also featured a shrimp.

Yup I am talking about the Classic Oishi Prawn Crackers that had that crunchy texture and taste. Kirei also comes to mind. Both made by Oishi by the way. The former was a lot heavier on the taste and the Clover Chips Shrimp barbecue flavor seemed to draw on that same flavor heavily.

So my Mom was right. Nothing is really new under the sun. We have all seen these things before. And they just keep on coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment