Monday, February 26, 2018

"The Quarter approaches"


"The Quarter approaches"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

"Time flies when you are having fun." Someone once told me but then again time also flies when you are up to your neck in incomplete , ongoing and will take forever to finish tasks. And this is the case for me since the death of my Dad. It has been gathering one paper after another , one phone call to this person and that and the meetings that never seem to end. The truth is that ,

"Time flies even when you are not having fun."

I remember why I do the things that I do though ad it is to secure a legacy that my parents had left to us their children. My sister in particular needs to be taken cared of for the rest of her life and it is not really up to no one else but me. The burden is not light and like the One Ring no one else can carry it for me. Only in this case there is no Mount Doom to melt it. There is no Isle of rest for those little cuts that are killing you slowly in the inside. Only the endless things that come with this responsibility.

I am thankful for all the people who have been patient with me and helped me and gave me advise in these troubling times. For the people who have been more of a problem than help , you can just go to hell and say hello to your god there. He is sure to welcome you. And don't come back.

I digress though. This post is a thankful one. Though things are hard I know that there is an end to everything and there are things that one can do to keep one sane. As the quarter of the year approaches and things are still a long way off I am thankful for the things that have been finished and the things that are on the way.

Only thing to do now is to keep on trudging. Keep on working. Keep on keeping this fire in my heart burning. There will be an end to this. There will be an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment