Friday, February 23, 2018

"Oishi:Equalizing the Salted Egg Chip Market"


"Oishi:Equalizing the Salted Egg Chip Market"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD 

Oishi has done it again. It has managed to get me hooked on another unhealthy snack by making it delicious as hell. Once upon a time I was addicted to Oishi's pillows and my friend Joseph Sentero told me that that company always had something down the line when it comes to snacks and so I waited what else they were developing and how long they would release it into the public.

I have been aware of the Gourmet picks that they have been releasing but none of them seemed to catch my interest until my wife and I saw this little thing in the snack aisle and I promptly put 6 of them in the shopping cart despite that warning look that wives give their husbands when they think that they have too many snacks in the cart already. 

It said Gourmet picks Salted Egg flavor! And I was curious to know if this would be a hit or it would be a miss but my bet was that all 6 of these packs would not make it past an hour in our house. And I was right after keeping all the other groceries someone got hungry(mainly me) and we tried the darn things and sure enough I had to fight off the natives for my share.

The original salted egg chips cost about 200 or more and one in particular has cornered the market with it's very addictive taste. I guess this would no longer be the case anymore as Oishi has delivered the flavor in this new chip but without costing an arm and a leg.(I can afford it anyway but now everyone can have hypertension and diabetes and dyslipedemia on much equal terms!)

So thanks Oishi? Yeah thanks are really in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment