Monday, February 5, 2018

"3 Things I have seen this week:The Orphans"


"3 Things I have seen this week:The Orphans"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Often times Orphans have been the subject of apathy or extreme pity. No more parents means no one taking care of these children. I often see orphans after war and my heart goes out to them. I know how they feel. Maybe they are looking for care. Or for guidance or understanding or even forgiveness from their parents but in my experience the dead can neither absolve or bless you. This week I saw 3 orphans.

1) Orphan#1 The Innocent.

The youngest feels the pain of losing both parents but cannot express it properly. Only a general feeling of fear and loss. 
The youngest looks on and probably does not worry for the future. There are others that should be worrying about that for her now. And since she has been left behind she is under the care of others. 

2) Orphan#2 The Eldest.

Working by night and by day trying to manage and fix those that have been thrust to him.A heavy responsibility of lives and needs and wants that he never imagined would be his too early. He tries to separate all of the tasks and hopes for the best but there are sleepless nights ahead of him and the people left to him.His heart is filled with worry for the future but he cannot give up despite the circumstances as it would mean that death of his youngest sibling and the loss of his family's legacy. 

3) Orphan#3 The Selfish. 

Things of nothing. Acts like their is money at hand to spend on frivolous things. Always asks what is in it for me before he acts. And if things get different whines like a child. Does not understand the plan. Nods as if he listens to the plan and cries unfairness when he does not get his way. Not understanding the dire situation that his family is facing at the moment. His battle cry. "Give me what is mine." And I will not care for anything else. I do not care about Legacy or family or honor. Cash , that is all I want.

I envy those who could sleep at night without a care in the world , those who's burden is light and those who will never be entrusted to carry something to precious. I pray for these 3 orphans , One to see that there are people who love her. One to see that there is an end to all of this and the other to go to hell and stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment