Monday, January 8, 2018

"Zacama , Primal Calamity: Primal Utility"


"Zacama , Primal Calamity: Primal Utility"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

My friend ST was joking that Zacama was good. Zacama magaling. And I can't argue with that since given the chance Zacama will Fxxk you up really good. He is a 9/9 Vigilance , Reach , Trample dinosaur that seems to make a Batman utility belt impression with all the things that he could do. I mean with 3 heads and all that.

First I'd like to get this off my chest. I was right that it was Gold Colored , that it would be huge and that it would be legendary.

I got the triple strike thing wrong. Too soon said Wizards of the Coast. So I guess those 3 heads are a filter of sorts for magic then. Oh and in a pinch a 9 damage bite our of your life points isn't bad too.

I didn't predict that it would be in Naya colors. I was expecting a whole 5 color Dino that can bind them all. Sorry Zacama , there is a place for you in my Naya Dino Deck but only as an alternative or Support. Gishath will still be calling the shots so to speak.

However Zacama , Primal Calamity is not all bad. I mean aside from costing 9 mana , 6 colorless and a committed Naya based mana colors. Zacama has an ETB effect that allows you to untap all of the lands you controlled. With a Vorinclex out that would be a considerable amount of mana at your disposal.

So what would you now do with all that mana? Well time to party at all your opponents expense. Pump in 2 mana and Red an you to get to deal 3 damage to a target creature. Enrage something like PolyRaptor multiple times. He is a big boy , he can take it. Or you could kill those pesky blockers on the other side of the board.



Pump in 2 and green and you get to naturalize stuff! I have a playgroup mate who relies heavily on artifacts and enchantments. Zacama can be their freaking nightmare. Well if it survives removal that is.

Oh and speaking of Survival , you might have been taking heavy hits early in the round while waiting for the right combination of mana. Don't worry. You can pump in 2 and White mana and you gain 3 life per pump! Zacama will make it up to you since you stuck it out with him.

Zacama , Primal Calamity. Let us wait and see how you will change the Dino game months down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment