Friday, January 12, 2018

"We Talk From Earth To The Heavens."


"We Talk From Earth To The Heavens."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
Can you hear me over the distance?
Through the pearly gates where you reside?
Are you fighting or talking or what?
Does it still matter now?

II
One left too early and the other earlier still
And left a family bereft of guidance
Still I will fight for our identity in all this
We will fight under your name

III
Can you hear me where you are?
Does my voice reach you in the stars?
It must have , I am sure it must have
Know that this is more than just a promise.

IV
Will see you us toiling here?
Secretly and overtly dealing with all we have?
I have many questions
but none may matter all that much.

V
The actions are all that matters
Not the kind words or remembrances.
Memories and good will fade.
And one tends to forget a voice or a face.

VI
And the gratefulness passes
And past deeds , past kindness
And past heroics , past favors
All fall in the hole of forgetfulness

VII
Our actions are all that matter now
The final words are our success
The lasting legacy in your place
The lasting memory in your name


No comments:

Post a Comment