Friday, January 5, 2018

"For the Nth Time."


"For the Nth Time."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

YuuA just knew that she was going to be kidnapped again today. All the signs were there. The people who seemed out of place , the time of the day , the big man with the ill-fitting waiters uniform whom she could see was concealing a weapon at the back of his apron , his companions who were warily eyeing the exits and entrances to the small cafe.

The big man was smiling at her and expecting her to order something.

"Just for today. Could you please let me finish my meal before you point the gun at me and carry me to whatever rat infested hide out you think that my boyfriend can't find?" YuuA smiled back , hoping that the big man would take the hint and let her have her wish.

"You are coming with me." The man said in response and pointed his gun a little far off toward her face.

The first few times that this has happened YuuA was terrified ,  V seemed like he had an almost endless amount of enemies that he had made angry one way or the other and it didn't seem like these enemies got the point that the dragon could not only rescue her effectively and kill all of the kidnappers but there was some repercussions that occurred down the line for their individual organizations.

"So would it be a mask over my head or the mouth gag?" YuuA asked. "I actually prefer the mask but I guess the mouth gag will do if you don't have one."

The man looked confused but he produced what appeared to be an empty bag of flour from his apron and covered YuuA's pretty face with it.

"It seemed you actually emptied this one. The last guy still had some stuff in the bag and I had to wash my hair really thoroughly for a week or so." YuuA Smiled though the guy would not see it. It was playing out like the normal kidnapping at least. "You better manhandle me soon or your friends might believe that you are half hearted in kidnapping me. You have heard of the Silver Dragon V right?"

She was not able to see the man but she felt sweaty palms as he began to lift her to stand. Then he heard the familiar sound in the air , as if it was humming and she knew that the wind was being cut by the speed at which V was approaching. 
She heard one thud of a body falling to the floor , one by one until she counted 9 to be exact , accompanied by the clang of different weapons both light and heavy.V was doing his thing again.

The man still held her arm as he began shooting at something.

"I'd actually just save the bullets.There is no way you can ever hit him. He always leaves a messenger for the organization who tried to abduct me anyway. So don't piss him off than he already is with this foolish attempt and you might be the messenger that he chooses."

YuuA heard the gun clicking as the man shot empty at V. They never really listen and here she was just wanting a quiet lunch. The man threw his gun , let go of her and began to run.

She lifted the bag of flour from her head , shaking off fine white powder to fall all over her just in time to see V choke and lift the big man effortlessly. 

"You are my messenger. Tell your bosses that if they try this again I would hurt them where it matters." V said as the man struggled to break free. "Now nod your head if you got my message?"

The man nodded and V let go. Enabling him to run out of the Cafe and into the streets of Seoul. Someone is going to be extremely unhappy by this attempt.

"Your boss is really cheap not even assigning a single body guard to you." V began to complain. 

"Why do you think he allowed me to date you? What could a mere body guard handle that a Creation Dragon can't?" YuuA said shaking flour from her clothes.

"Well I can surely treat you to better food."

"Yeah. Just bring me somewhere quiet please."

"Sure."

V touched her elbow and in an instant they teleported out of the city. Just in time for the police to arrive and the manager of the store waking to find enough Won in his pocket to fix for all the damages of the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment