Wednesday, November 1, 2017

"The Waiting Patient."


"The Waiting Patient."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It has been awhile since I wrote about Ghost stories but I just had to write about my first one here in HP Eton Centris now formally known as DXC. I have been here for over a year now , alone in the GY shift but had nothing much to see or feel(except for the talking scale thing.) Tonight was different though.

I had just come in and was opening the door to the clinic and as I was putting in the keys I noticed a patient who walked right behind me but said nothing. Probably noting that I just arrived they were respectfully waiting for me to put down my bags before He(It looked like a dude) would either ask me for a consult or ask for medications. 

A familiar janitor passed by the corridor behind me as I went in and waved at me.I smiled and waved back a bit hurriedly because I wanted to see to what my patient needed. 

So as I stepped into the Doctors office and put my things down I waited for this patient to come in. 

1 minute. 2 minutes.3 minutes. I stepped out and looked into the corridor.No one was there. He probably had gone somewhere else and normally would be back some other time.


The janitor who I saw earlier went by a couple of minutes later for their routine clean up of the clinic. And I just simply had to ask.

"Sir , may nakita ba kayong pasyente sa likod ko kanina nung pumasok ako?"

"Doc?" The Janitor was puzzled. "Wala naman po."

"Sure po kayo ha?"

"Opo."

Oh well. If any patient comes in tonight I should probably use my trusty pulse oximeter to see if they have that oh so trust worthy pulse then. November 1 2017 is surely interesting. And here I thought I was going to have a quiet night.




No comments:

Post a Comment