Thursday, November 23, 2017

"Midweek Magic November 2017 #45 - The Locust God vs Lyzolda"


"Midweek Magic November 2017 #45 - The Locust God vs Lyzolda"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was one of those epic last games with the Locust God already in play and a lot of Locusts already on the way. This last game started out to be a frustrating one as I drew land after land but didn't get anything meaty to put on the battlefield. 

I did manage to put in the following cards in order and on curve , Skull Clamp , Impact Tremors , Propaganda and Bident of Thassa. All the while I was taking damage from the aggressive Lyzolda Rakdos deck but my time came when I was able to resolve my Locust God and the following turn Clamped 1 locust to become 2 and 2 to become 3. All the while damaging with Impact Tremors.

I was able to draw a Collective Brutality and discarded my 8 card hand to again deal 8 damage. Janry my opponent waited patiently as I exhausted all my mana and he was reduced to 6 life. 


He then sprung the Rakdos Charm in his hand that could have ended me if not for the Thwart that I was able to draw with the last mana I had. With the Rakdos Charm countered and disaster averted I was able to go in with 18 Locusts and their god.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment