Thursday, November 9, 2017

"Midweek Magic November 2017 #42 - The Locust God V Nekusar"


"Midweek Magic November 2017 #42 - The Locust God V Nekusar"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The Halloween period over in DXC was a quiet one so I was able to finish a lot of EDH decks but among the 4 that I was able to complete I have been very excited to try out my Locust God Deck. And so when Thursday rolled in and Jus and Janry came in to work I could do just that.

My opponent was Nekusar and it was a 1 v 1 of interesting levels that kept me awake even if I had no decent sleep in the past 24 hours.  The Locust God is naturally foiled by Nekusar since every time I draw something the Lich king deals 1 damage to me and my deck was meant to draw my whole deck.We ended up in a draw with 3 wins each. Jus and I aim to settle the score after some tweaking and retooling. There have been interesting developments as I played but here are the things I was able to do in these 6 games. 

Extract - I was able to Extract Underworld dreams the 3 times I have been able to cast the spell. Underworld dreams has not been played in the other 3 games.

Corrupted Consciousness - During those times that I was being threatened by Nekusar I was able to grab him in 3 games with a Corrupted Consciousness. 2 of those games I was able to win with him.

Forced Fruition - Jus and I talked about this particular card and it was a late addition for me. The first time I was able to play it was a painful turn for Jus as he kept on being damaged with a Psychosis Crawler in play.The other time it was countered.

The Locust God + Impact Tremors + Fascination = In one of our multiplayer games with Janry  , Jus had a 15 life total  , Janry was at 7 life points. I was able to let everyone draw 7 cards with Fascination , Pinging everyone for 7 with Impact Tremors , this killed Janry then I attacked Jus for 7 Locusts reducing his life to 1. I am not sure if I used Jace Beleren to draw 1 more card to ping him with the Impact Tremors or attacked on another turn. I can't remember but at least I won this one. Heheheheh


The Locust God + Skull Clamp + Ashnod's Altar = I was particularly happy that I was able to pull off this combo where there was an almost never ending supply of Locusts and colorless mana when Jus tapped out.

Rolling Thunder - Our last game I was able to reduce Jus life total to 6 with 6 1/1 Locusts and I had a misplay of epic proportions when I plopped down Teferi's puzzle box that got him a Whelming Wave that reached my flying Locusts. Grrrr. It was a good thing that I drew Rolling thunder and had enough mana to finish things off.

There are still a lot of things that I want to add and improve in the deck. I had a lot of trouble dealing with that Dragon Janry had that made him the Monarch simply because I had no way to mass remove all of those things and eventually succumbed.

Jus could easily kill me especially with the massive rock accelerations that he has. Like he said the shell must be solid. Looking forward to more Locust God V Nekusar moments.I don't think we exhausted all of them for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment