Friday, October 13, 2017

"Where to?"


"Where to?"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The post asked: "If you could just get up and leave where would you go?"

It was interesting to read what some people wrote. Some wrote places that they probably could not reach in a thousand years. Some wrote places on the planet like Stone Henge or Machu Pichu. Some wrote sa Puso mo like that is something that people can achieve.

When it was my turn I found myself freezing in front of my laptop. Surely there are things that I wanted to go. Places that I have been wanting to go since I was a small child and yet I could not type them.When I got home I realized why that was as my wife was asking me to go to sleep in the afternoon with her.

It was because I would be going alone. If I could leave all my duties behind , the life that I have now to just be in a place then I would not do it. People feel the loss of individuality when you get married or have children because it seems like you become one of the crowd. The Familial crowd who seems to conform to certain standards. I don't feel that way though. Being part of my family , Aven , Steph and Me is being part of an exclusive club. You either have to be married in or be born in this super exclusive thing. With no exceptions.


I cannot imagine going on a trip all by myself now. Yes it would be less stressful because I would just be taking care of myself. It would be a lot quiet too without the two women in my life with me. But these will be times that Silence becomes deafening for me because I will miss their voices and their arguments and complaints and requests.

If I would get up and leave I will not be leaving alone. I will be leaving with these two. So if the question was framed as "if you could just get up and leave with your family where would you go?" I would have to say Japan , Venice and Scotland. In that order.

Time to save up then.


No comments:

Post a Comment