Monday, October 23, 2017

"Niki - I like U MV reaction: Fine,Fine,Fine"


"Niki - I like U MV reaction: Fine,Fine,Fine"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

While enjoying music from 88rising I came upon one of their new up and coming artists. Niki as she is being packaged now has the voice of an angel that will bring you back to the great age of RnB when it was not all about the whistles and who could reach to the high heavens with their curling notes.

Niki or Nicole Zefanya does not growl or make you wish you had a set of earplugs to drown out the noise. Her song I like U is simple in both story and lyrics. It is pretty straightforward but you should listen to how beautifully she renders this song with sexy low notes in what I can only liken to fine wine or fine chocolate dripping down your ear. If your ear had taste buds or if you could taste sounds like some people do then your ears will surely thank you for listening to her.


In a world where the trapbeats are the main stars and hooks of songs , Niki just makes you want to listen to her voice and nobody has done that for me for a long time. When I asked my daughter to listen to the song someone else in the house noticed and while it already got my daughter declaring that "this will be my jam for the whole week" my wife actually asked me who the singer was and proceeded to buy her music online! Even creating a whole playlist of similar beautifully voiced artists like Shontelle and Jojo of the early 2000's.It is hard to impress my wife who is a singer herself and seldom gives a thumbs up to the singers I suggest she listens to with me. Niki was different though and we ended up with that great soundtrack while driving to and fro around QC.

The MV is actually pretty simple and involves Niki rolling around in bed for about 90 percent of the time. I guess no one can complain when she looks that pretty and sings that beautifully. The song is about a girl falling for a guy while the guy thinks that this is just a physical thing. Yeah it is a typical love song but believe me when I say that Niki just makes it all worth listening to.



No comments:

Post a Comment