Monday, October 2, 2017

"Midweek Magic October 2017 #35:Bruna finally wins!"


"Midweek Magic October 2017 #35:Bruna finally wins!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I still am at a loss for words. I have often found that my decks have an almost equal win-loss ratio but lately I have been on the receiving side of really bad losses.

It came to a point where I had to question why I was the one who was always singled out for attack.Even in games that involved just 3 people and not even in an archenemy setting. Was I really that strong? Did I really threaten the board so much that I was always the magnet for such hate? Ancient Astronaut theorists believe that the answer is Yes.




Bruna was one such deck that I was excited to use and I wanted to prove that it could beat the fast metal pussies that Yo was running. However to be fair this win of Bruna was because Ram was unable to control me and Yo was not able to get any of the cards that usually destroyed enchantments. Without the cards I was finally able to with an all out Infect win with a Corrupted Conscience attached to a Bruna who also had an Eldrazi Conscription clinging too it when Ram was not able to counter my Three dreams for some reason.

I had to actually hold my breath for a couple of turns as I built up for the attacks. I kept thinking that Bruna would die to something white that made you sacrifice creatures when they attacked. Not a single defense struck it though.

And when the infect counters finally took hold of Yo I finally eased out a quiet breathe. After 6 straight losses. Bruna finally prevailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment