Monday, September 18, 2017

"3 things I have seen this week September 2017 #4:Books 2"


"3 things I have seen this week September 2017 #4:Books 2"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

My wife and talked about going to the book fair in MOA last Sunday(September 17 2017.) It would be the last day of the event and I was thinking of what treasures we might find in the bins of books. And in a not surprising Snorlax move , my wife requested that we just sleep in for the day. I said goodbye to the books I would own but I did enjoy sleeping again comfortably snuggled with my beloved pillows. So what did I see this week? Mostly from facebook and when I looked up when I was lying flat on my back.

1) A friends complaint.

So one of my best friends Ved actually went to the Bookfair and spent a total of 15 minutes there. He spent more time looking for parking at about an hour or so. It made me thankful that my Snorlax wife actually went all Snorlax on me.

2) A friends find.

Rowella another friend who got to hunt for books in the bookfair showed off her finds and they were awesome. It made me wish I could book hunt. Ah the joys of finding precious books that people might have overlooked or never thought to look for. Made me nostalgic about that time my pregnant wife and I rummaged through boxes of books in Booksale in SM Marilao.Time well spent.



3) My own trove.

I looked up today and I saw that I had a pile of unread books from the last time we actually bought tons of them. It made me happy because I still had these unread gems. Now if I can only find the time to squeeze them into. Sigh.


Yeah. I still see even when I am comfortably lying on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment