Tuesday, August 29, 2017

"Midweek Magic August 2017 #28: Riding the Genesis Wave!"


"Midweek Magic August 2017 #28: Riding the  Genesis Wave!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have often wanted to make a deck that included Genesis Wave and Craterhoof behemoth. I also wanted to make a Omnath , Locus of Rage deck and hopefully be able to have a handful of Elementals that could rampage all over the battlefield ever since I battled this particular deck against my friend Mark Abude.

I finally my chance of assembling this Mana Ramp Gruul deck. And on my road of restoring all of my EDH decks Omnath was a part of the first wave. 



On one game I was able to create the Elemental tokens I wanted via super pumped Genesis Wave that dumped a lot of lands on the battlefield with Omnath , Locus of Rage and Rampaging Baloths both birthing out killer fatties. And at the end of the wave I was able to reveal the much awaited Craterhoof Behemoth. I was just so happy to have pulled it off.


Another game featured Ram's Leyline of Singularity that was a perfect foil for tokenator decks such as mine since every nonland permanent on the battlefield becomes Legendary. Meaning all of my elemental tokens will explode. I had Omnath in Play and Doubling season as well which doubled my tokens an when one died gave Ram 3 direct damage. It even got worse since I already had 1 remaining Elemental token in play each land fall meant I was creating 2 more tokens that would explode and deal 6 damage. With the amount of Lands falling it was only a matter of time and Omnath proved worthy of the first wave of my EDH restoration quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment