Tuesday, August 29, 2017

"Midweek Magic August 2017 #27: Phenax showing off"


"Midweek Magic August 2017 #27: Phenax showing off"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


It was a typical EDH game for Ram , Janry , Jus and Me. A thursday where Ram debuted his Monogreen Azusa , Hapatra for Janry and Baral for Jus.

Phenax despite being gutted of some of its mana rocks and lands performed consistently again showing that it deserves all the bling that it had and should be restored to full glory.

Earlier I wanted to Rites of Replication my Grave Titan and Cackling Counter part it too. It dies to Rams well time Beast Within.

I was also the target of a Terrastodon.(I am the one usually doing this in my previous playgroup). So I copied it  with a Rites of Replication and at the end of a turn Cackling counterpart my copy of the terrastodon before it died.

I was counting Janrys library after Jus was able to Traumatize it to 50% in the previous round. I counted 21.

With Phenax in play , 1 9/9 Terrastodon and 4 3/3 Beasts. It was enough to finish the game I just had to wait for the next turn so Janry can draw to a loss but I drew an Altar of Dementia and sacrificed my token terrastodon to it so the game can be finished.

Phenax has proven to be the most consistent of my EDH decks and deserves all it's bling to be restored. And so it shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment