Tuesday, August 1, 2017

"Lip Tight"


"Lip Tight"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
I guess it is alright
your dreams are a fight
I see them in your tired eyes
with your restless sleeps at night

II
I guess you made those choices
and you know your losses
Giving up on another dream
As you walk towards this dream

III
How can I blame you
walking away when you did
I had nothing to offer
Except the love I had within

IV
So I guess It is alright
when I see you on the TV screen
looking tired , looking sick
still professional through every scene

V
I guess you must be happy
with the way things have been
happy career , happy life
more than I could have seen


VI
How can I ask you
to give up all of that
even if there was a chance
I will hold my tongue

VII
Because your place is there
Not here where I am
I guess it is alright
I will close my eyes 

Shaw , 07 29 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment