Tuesday, August 1, 2017

"For Nothing"


"For Nothing"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
I find myself chanting your name
in these dark recesses I came to know
The secret place I have met you
in the garden where Chiming bells grow

II
I wait for the clock to circle
So I will get my chance
To intervene in a fate
Just for one more dance

III
You smiled that day
knowing I will be back
I never told you how
I never said when
but you smiled anyway knowing
whatever it was in time
I will be yours and you mine.

IV
So the clock ticks to the very last
opening that tiny crack
into that sliver of time
So I could tell you all the secrets I have

V
I waited you said 
And I cannot control myself any longer
I reached out
Into that setting sun
to reach you
to feel you

V
And in those moments I crumble
Into the ashes that I always have
And the last moment I saw were the tears 
All that waiting
All that waiting

For nothing.

Shaw , 07 31 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment