Tuesday, August 1, 2017

"3 things I have seen this week July 2017 # 3 - Rain , Floods and a Wrong Stand"


"3 things I have seen this week July 2017 # 3 - Rain , Floods and a Wrong Stand"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

This week has been a rainy and floody one as Gorio gores everyone with the horrendous on and off rains that makes you want to stay at home but are unable to do so for reasons that are only up to you.

So the 3 things I have seen today are:

1) The Rain - Because I just can't miss it especially if it is messing with my schedules. And because of the off/on sporadic downfall you have to hurry or be caught in it. Suffer with wet clothes and wet feet. The wet clothes I can probably suffer through but having wet feet when they ought to be dry is a pet peeve of mine. So not only did I see the rain. I got poured a whole lot by it.

2) Floods - So in my none acceptance of the fact that I will not be working for one day I tried to the brave thing. Brave through a storm and hope for the best. It was ok at first since Waze said I could be at my clinic in an hour but when I was near R.Papa in Caloocan and the ETA was still at 41 minutes after 20 minutes I had to make a decision to turn back. And I did just in time to see a couple of floods already forming. Almost got trapped by the rising waters near Tullahan bridge.

3) A wrong Stand - 

When politicians make the statement of not jumping the bandwagon and risk commuters and children's safety it just seems like a bad stand. A whole wrong one since if a person has no important business then they should not be out in the kind of weather that has been tormenting us for the last 3 days. The Vice Mayor from QC just seemed to make a stand for the wrong reason somehow.

So there you go. I think I will be seeing more floods and Rains in the future. Hopefully I would see of that vice mayor less.

No comments:

Post a Comment