Tuesday, August 29, 2017

"3 things I have seen this week August #3: Madness"


"3 things I have seen this week August #3: Madness"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

People lose their minds sometimes in increments and sometimes in such a massive way that they do not even notice as they plunged into an an unknown precipice. This week seems like madness and  I too was a part of it.

1) I saw so many memes crying for justice for a boy who was killed by policemen in relation to drugs. - The war on drugs is a polarizing issue and if you are not on one side then you are on the other side. Madness. It is as if you cannot have a differing view before people assign you a particular color. At least to the close minded you are one color and sometimes it is not the color that they like. Madness.

2) A friend of mine seems to be finding characters that often seem to do something less significant and then goes to disparage other characters because they are involved in the grander scheme of things. Sadly I find this maddening because there is no need for this distinction. Do a little or do a lot we are just actors on the stage called life. We act our roles even if we know them or not. 

3) I saw a man lugging around boxes upon boxes of Magic cards in what can only be called Brewers madness. - This mad person was me as I tried to restore EDH decks that I have gutted in order to create Modern and Archenemy competitive decks. It feels like I have neglected them and after weeks I have finally heeded the call like a true madman listening to the voices of cards in his head. The result is that from the 4 operational decks that I kept I now have 25 with 9 or more pending decks waiting for lands and plastics to cover them. Well output is output. Spoken like a true madman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment