Tuesday, January 3, 2017

"Vocaloids and why I like them.(And some interesting facts too)"



"Vocaloids and why I like them.(And some interesting facts too)"
by:
Alessandria Venice R. De leon

If you are part of the anime community, it's impossible that you haven't come across the term Vocaloid yet.

First off, let me explain what Vocaloids are. Vocaloids are programs that you can set to sing or dance for you. The most popular example of a Vocaloid is Hatsune Miku. They all have their own unique voices and tones, of course. I first encountered Vocaloids when a friend of mine who was also into anime at that time showed me his favorite Vocaloid song. I like Vocaloids for their energetic beats and creative lyrics. The first Vocaloid song I ever listened to was Toumei Elegy sang by Ia. 



From then on, I was hooked. According to my extensive research (and fangirling), the best Vocaloid for high notes is Kagamine Rin and the best Vocaloid for low notes is Gakupo. My knowledge of Vocaloids got me to meet a lot of nice people in the anime community in my new school.




A little bit of knowledge about vocaloids
1. Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Len are said to be siblings.
2. Hatsune Miku appears to have an obsession with waving leeks in her videos.
3. There are lots of not very known Vocaloids out there. Examples are IA, Kasane Teto, Lily, and Meiko.
4. There is actually a Vocaloid song in our language.
5. There is also an actual human who sounds like a Vocaloid. She goes by the name REOL.
6. Vocaloids can sing in English, Japanese, and even Filipino.
7. Anyone can make a Vocaloid song, as long as you have the capacity for the program.

1* The song is ECHO ft. Gumi Megpoid. It is more of a tribute song to all the Filipino players of Cytus, the rhythmn game. They saw how devoted the Filipino's were in playing the game so they made a song in our language as their way of saying "thank you".

So do you like Vocaloids yet? 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Editor's Note: We do not own any of the images that are in this blogpost.

No comments:

Post a Comment