Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Soul Sisters Interview: Winning with Infinite life(Kaladesh update)"



"Soul Sisters Interview: Winning with Infinite life(Kaladesh update)"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.


So I caught up with the most famous pair of life givers this side of the multiverse before they boarded a Renegade Freighter and I asked them a couple of questions. The two were easy going and as they drank their preferred drinks on a cafe near the train platform I started.

Me: "Thanks for agreeing to this interview. First off who is your favorite Angel?"

Soul's Warden(SW): "Let me think about that."



Soul's Attendant(SA): "Ugh , you just wanted to pose like that.
SW:"So what if I did?"
SA: Just answer the question.
SW:  I used to have a girl crush on the Restoration Angel. How about you?"
SA: Me , I like one of the new ones in Kaladesh. The Wispweaver Angel.Just the one we were off to see. He/She surely looks like he/she knows his/her way around Aether. And all those hands! He sure is a handy angel.



SW: Another one of those.
SA: I like hands.
SW: I know. Karona is still calling you isn't she?
SA: (Frowns) 

Me: Honestly though why do you like them?

SW: If you must know we want to talk to the Wispweaver for a potential combo where she seems to bounce herself and another copy of herself again and again to gain infinite amounts of life.
SA: I like the Wispweaver but in some formats like EDH you could only have one copy of a creature and He/She just needs to combine with something else to create the said combo as well.
SW: Like Clone? And maybe even that Phyrexian Metamorph? All those prickly things.
SA: Infinite Blink. Even if you have to add another color in there.


Me: "So what do you do with that infinite amount of life?"

SW: You win with it of course!
SA: There is the Felidar Sovereign Way. We love that cat.



SW: Creatures like Serra Ascendant and Ajani's Pridemate also love the amounts life you get. The Pridemate could get huge.
SA: You should know. You guys used to date.
SW: Shut up. I'm not the only one who loves cat alright?
SA: I don't love them in that way.

The two of them were almost at each other's throats.

Me: Ehem...




SW: Oh sorry. We were talking about winning with infinite life. There is one artifact that intrigues us from Kaladesh.
SA: Yes. The Aetherflux Reservoir!
SW: So it says. Pay 50 life: Aetherflux Reservoir deals 50 damage to target creature or player.
SA: So you could have infinite life and then point to one player on the EDH table. It deals 50 damage to you!
SA: And you!
SW: And you!
SA: And you!
SW: And you! Until you are the only one with life points to gloat over the fact that you have won the match.
SW: As a planeswalker this would be the best time to go to a plane far away as some of your opponents might not take their dying lightly.
SA: Yeah.

Me: I see. Thanks for the reminder. I will keep that in mind when I play with you guys. And for my last question. How do you feel about your Phyrexian Sister , Suture Priest.



SW: We don't talk about her.
SA: I hate her.
SW: She hates it when other players gain life. 
SA: You want her on your side of the board but since she might carry some of that Phyrexian oil I'd keep her clear on one side if I were you.
SW: She is rather slow though so the best bet is to just stay with us.
SA: (winks at me)



Me: You bet. So again thank you Soul Sisters for your time.

SA and SW: And thanks for the free drinks!

(At this point the final boarding call for the Renegade Freighter sounded and that was the last I saw of the Soul Sisters)

No comments:

Post a Comment