Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"I See You..."


"I See You..."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I
Beyond the shades of your colored contact lenses
I sense the myriad sadness that you hide
I may not have seen the tears
but they have left their track all this time

II
Beyond the tattoos that you have used,
the markings that cover up your scars
I know of your pain
and the silence in your heart

III
Beyond the provocative poses
and the adulation of men
Beyond the skin that you bear 
and the approval that you crave
Beyond the howls that you scatter
I know your sadness still

IV
Beyond the smile that you show the world
I know what you are within
I know , I know
beyond your facade

V
Just know that I see you...
Not for what they see
but what you really are...
Not how they value you
but as all that is precious to me...

and when you are ready...please see me...
daughter...please see me...

No comments:

Post a Comment