Sunday, October 5, 2014

"Passing Legacy"


"Passing Legacy"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
I am a pin prick
A flash of light
Undeterred by history 
Undeterred by flight

II
I am a millisecond
in the passing of time
I am an afterthought
without  reason or rhyme

III
Yet as I am in this world
I will be heard
I will be seen
All will be said

IV
I am a dot in the pages
A collection of wages
Not just a number
Not just a statistic

V
So I will be pain
I will be blinding
Time will slow
and there will be understanding

VI
I am a dot
that stops the sentences
I am the memory
that will last through the ages.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inspired by the youtube Vsauce episode "Our Narrow slice". Where the perspective puts man as an insignificant dot in a long row of dots that make up history.


No comments:

Post a Comment