Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Sorin, Solemn Visitor:Demanding Tribute"


"Sorin, Solemn Visitor:Demanding Tribute"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

I have always wondered if they would print enough versions of Sorin that I could write a story involving at least 3 different versions of him.I had no idea when Wizards of the coast would actually do it so when they rolled out Sorin,Solemn Visitor I was happy. Now I have an extra story back log.Thanks Wizards of the coast!

Now on to the card , Sorin, Solemn Visitor has the same cost as Sorin,Lord of Innistrad.4 mana.2 colorless, Black and White.With a starting Planeswalker loyalty counter of 4.

From the get go Sorin, Solemn Visitor feels like a support card rather than a planeswalker who will be kicking ass in Tarkir. of course he has the +1/0 and Lifelink to all creatures you control until end of turn.A stat pump! Possibly winning you the game or delaying the game enough so you could pull off a win because you have gained enough life to survive your opponents next round of attack.It sounds pretty good in a Orzhov EDH deck that features a lot of spirit tokens and such.

Sorin, Solemn Visitor has in my opinion a very iffy 2nd ability. A minus 2 that lets you have a 2/2 Black flying vampire creature token.I don't think that most players would even play this ability unless they really need to. I mean you weaken Sorin enough by bringing out a vampire that he is just a Lightning strike away from going to your graveyard.The cost is simply too high for a creature.Then again if a creature is what you need at least Sorin, Solemn Visitor is giving you that option.



I guess what players really want to take advantage of is Sorin, Solemn Visitors emblem which makes your opponent sacrifice a creature on his upkeep. It would really work to your advantage if you had a Mimic vat , It that Betrays or Grave Betrayal already in play because you end up with those Sacrificed creatures.

Normally it would take up to 3 turns to get the emblem. With a Chain Veil in play that is significantly lowered to 2 turns.Yeah. I am excited to add this guy to my existing Teysa deck. Might be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment