Monday, November 25, 2013

"The Veterans Psychiatric Ward Send off"


"The Veterans Psychiatric Ward Send off"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I was assigned to Ward 5 or the Psychiatric Ward of The Veterans Hospital in Quezon City  when I was a Senior Intern. The days were pretty normal and they went by so fast. The nights though were a different matter and the worst of it was the last night that I spent there.

During that time I was supposed to be with another Intern and 2 Junior Interns from Angeles. As it turned out due to some scheduling issues I ended up spending that last duty all alone. Now the duty was great because after the last monitoring of patients at around 6 pm the place was all quiet. There were no admissions or referrals coming in from the other departments. No ER calls. Nothing. It would be a relaxing last duty with or without any ones company.

So I settled into the Interns area which was a big area at the back. I was updating all the things that I needed to update. I was typing all the things that needed to be finished. So I find myself poofed and sleeping at the long table right below the ceiling fan. For some reason though it was the summer months it was an extremely cold night. Colder than most nights that I have been there actually. I felt something touch the back of my neck briefly. I turned around and no one was there. 

I went back to sleep but it seemed that whatever what was there was not going away. I felt something running back and forth behind my chair. The air changed as whatever it was passed me by. It was as if someone was running with their hands past my head and waking me up. I did wake up and pleaded with whatever it was to leave me alone. I still had to endorse in the morning. The running stopped that night.

I would later learn that the same ceiling fan I was sleeping under was the site of a suicide. One patient hung himself there and there were several hauntings in that place as well. Maybe it also had something to do with all the uncontrolled psychic energy in the area. One of my friends kidded around saying that it was just the ghosts send off. They wont be seeing me again and they just want to say goodbye.

I was happy to go. I didn't want to stick around to see what else it might escalate to.   

4 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure I submitted my comment here just now and it disappeared without me asking for the capcha whatever. I hate my network. Anyway, I was saying earlier that maybe you should compile these ghost stories into a single page or blog or hmm, I don't know? Hahaha. I remember my older sister's friend who's gifted telling a story that she sees a humanoid spider with souls trapped in it's rear. She claims that THAT thing is the one fetching the dearly-departed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not really come to grips with what I do have...things just keep on happening...last month my family and I were talking about it ghostly experiences...I don't think that the places we go are haunted...I sincerely believe that it is us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agaib..you give me goose bumps my friend...

    ReplyDelete