Monday, November 25, 2013

"The Child Runs Through"


"The Child Runs Through"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

After going back to North Susana Heights a couple of weeks back to send off my cousin back to the states. I was reminded of a particular ghost that I have seen here in the past.

It was a time when my wife was still working for ACS and her team was practicing for a presentation in the area. Now I didn't particularly like the aura that this place emanated. Despite all the lamp posts the houses still looked dark and very sinister. Some of them were deserted and some just had caretakers living in them. 

When we reached the house they were supposed to practice in  , I was immersed in all the conversations that I didn't even feel anything in the place. It was a different matter though when I sat in the living room alone while the practice session was going on outside. 

There was a large TV dominating the entire living room and on the right was a screen door that lead to a little open area outside. The left side just opened to the kitchen. So I was just sitting there listening to all the laughter as people messed up lines and had to try again. Then I saw the head peeking through at the screen door on the right. It was a child. I looked at it because I don't remember seeing any kids in this house when I came in. 

The laughter continued outside. The screen door opened. The child came in the living room and run toward the kitchen. I followed it and when I looked it was no longer there. I shook my head.Things like this were nothing new to me after all.

When I told the host of the practice she did confirm the presence of this particular ghost child. It has been there with them since they moved in and it has been like a part of their family. I did not feel anything else in the place but it might not be the case the next time I go there. Here is to hoping that I am wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment