Saturday, November 30, 2013

"Batman Lies"


"Batman Lies"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I loved the first two Batman films from Chris Nolan. The 3rd installment fell short in my book because it tried to incorporate so much from the Batman comics that it did not come off as a great product , too much sugar , too much spice just not a nice blend. Now as I have been taking my Pre-Residency in the POC I have found another reason by I did not like the last batman film.

I followed Knightdall and The No Mans Land Story Arcs and there are so many things that could have been taken from there to make the Batman Swan Song much better. When Bane broke Batman's back in the comics it took a lot of time for him to get back up. About a year or more that the Monk Assassin Azrael took the mantle for awhile before a lot of others reappeared to be the Bat's successor. It made a lot more sense.

I know that everyone hates the guy who points out the things that nobody saw...Today I will be that guy.

So in the movie they decide that Bane(This Noble Bane was much better than the Tim Burton henchman Bane) would make a grand appearance and then break the Batmans back because he is so out of shape that he can't fight this monster. It was done in the context of the story and fit in well however...


After almost a month here in the Spinal/Rehab Ward of the POC. I have seen that the movies have lied to us again! In that particular scene where Batman suffered a severe Spinal Cord Injury that paralyzed him , even causing his bones to protrude out. It took him less than a month to get up on his feet and jump that same Ledge that Thalia did while she was in top physical condition. 

This is totally insane! No one can heal that fast!It takes months for a patient to have a Spinal Cord Injury to even sit up! If your name is not Wolverine there is no way that you are going to stand up ,  let alone jump that freaking ledge!

"You know it is impossible don't you?"

I ranted this to one of my friends Nor and she said that "Kuya , not everyone who watched that movie is a doctor..."

I was a Doctor then , just not affected by being in the Spinal Ward. 

Now that I have gotten that off my chest...Back to our regularly scheduled program...

No comments:

Post a Comment