Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Theros Enchantments EDH:The Happy Enchantresses"


"Theros Enchantments EDH:The Happy Enchantresses"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

A couple of years ago after acquiring a couple of Enchanted Evenings I decided to make an Enchantress deck that really made things big when played in multiple player games (This was before EDH and standard 60 card decks were still used). I once saw my Enchantress grow to 50/50 after all the permanents in play became enchantments. Talk about big and trampling. The only problem I had with playing with an enchantment deck is that they when my main Assaulter ( Yavimaya Enchantress) gets shall we say "taken cared of" I am left with nothing until I find another creature to attack with. When EDH came around I built an Enchantress EDH deck that though won games needed that extra push.



Fast forward to Theros and I know that the Enchantress EDH deck that will be happy knowing that there are a lot of Enchantments to support the concept. Theros will showcase a whole set of creatures that have the Enchantment Creature type.There are 4 Enchantresses that would be happy to see the gods of Theros and these enchantment creatures. The Yavimaya , Mesa , Verduran and Argothian enchantresses. Mesa, Verduran and Argothian for Card draw. Yavimaya Enchantress which actually grows for each enchantment in play will be very happy to add these creatures her enchantment plus count. Since the deck I made features a lot of Hex proof creatures with Sigarda ,Host of Herons at the helm as my General I could see the potential of the Bestow Mechanic. Celestial Archon , Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad could make Sigarda much bigger as Aura cards and could also provide massive card draw advantage when you have the Enchantresses in play. And if for some reason Sigarda is "taken cared of" then there are still creatures that would be able to continue the pressure of attack.  



The Theran gods Heliod and Nylea are also cards that are enchantments. Sigarda could be pumped by Nylea's ability with a +2/+2 for each activation as well as give her Trample. Heliod could make her Vigilant. So you have a Flying  , Hex Proof , Trampling , Vigilant Commander who would swing in for General Damage and still be able to defend. It seems like the enchantresses are not the only happy kind of creatures to see Theros. There are other pretty exciting enchantments to use in Theros as well like Gift of Immortality that would forever ensure that Sigarda would stick around even after she has been mass removed.


Yes , Theros is almost here and the Enchantresses that I have are just as excited as I am. Now if they would only confirm that there would be Enchantment Lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment