Thursday, August 29, 2013

"The Footsteps on the Ceiling"


"The Footsteps on the Ceiling"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. 

When I was younger it was not so surprising to find people going to my mom to ask for prayers. One afternoon a group of people went to our house and asked my mom to join them in a prayer session. My Mom dressed up and agreed. I tagged along because I was curious to see what the prayer was about. (Usually it was about a prayer to bless someone taking a board exam or a couple who was having problems in their marital life). This time though it was different.

When we entered that house I found something that I have never seen before. There was one set of foot prints. Black foot prints of a man with no shoes or slippers that appeared in the middle of the house , went toward a wall and continued to walk vertically and apparently stepping on to the ceiling to disappear somewhere in the middle as well. The ceiling was way too high for any one to use a stick to fashion those foot prints. We even knew these people. They didn't have that sense of humor that usually comes in making pranks like these. What they were though was very scared. 

Aside from the footprints I also saw a shadow that was hiding behind a religious idol. It was looking at everyone as the prayer started. I saw the shadow flicker behind the idol and vanish. When the prayer ended I told my mom about what I saw. I believe that the prayer was successful because there were no follow-up requests. I wondered why that spirit was terrorizing that family? I guess I would never know. That house was bulldozed to make way for condo type apartments. As of today there have been no reports of any Footprints on the condominium ceilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment