Monday, June 10, 2013

"The Midnight Visitor"


"The Midnight Visitor"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. 

Spirits are around us all the time and it is said that children before age of 10 are sensitive to them because the natural defenses of their minds are not yet set up during this time. In my experience this is especially true among babies.

When my daughter Aven was a few months old she would always be awakened at exactly 12 Midnight. This happened every night for exactly two weeks. My wife had a C-Section so I was the one who would usually go to Avens crib (which was in the same room with us) , pick her up , talk to her and hug her a little so she would calm down. The sudden cries were really bothering me. She would calm down after awhile and we would be able to sleep in peace. 

On about the 3rd day of this , I noticed something peculiar. While she was crying Aven would fixate or look at one area. This was the far corner of our room. I would move her away from the place but she would look back and continue to cry. She would even try to touch whatever was there. The hairs at the back of my neck started to stand up. I was not able to see it but I knew something was there as well.

Aven was being awakened by whatever this is and I know that I had to put a stop to it because my daughter also needs her sleep. So I did something that I knew worked for me in the past. I talked to it. I addressed it.

"Please let my daughter sleep." I said while looking at the same spot Aven kept fixating on. Aven suddenly stopped crying. 

This went on for a full 2 weeks and each time I would just ask for whatever it is to let Aven sleep. Unexplicable the event stopped and Aven was not awakened by our Midnight Visitor ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment